Cafe Time

My Coffee Time is sacred for me. Nobody can bother me when I take my coffee, so I close the office and turn off my phone just for 10 minutes.
When I arrive at home is different. I just turn on my computer, check my personal emails and search new ideas for the blog. That is my second coffee time in the day.

I believe in the way that we take our food and drink can heal or hurt us. Everything can be toxic or healing. That's the reason why I like to drink my coffee calmly.


Today I've decided to post coffee paintings in honor of those who prepare coffee every day in their jobs or homes.

I know that the art of making coffee is not easy. I've tried many times and taken some lessons in a cafe in Brooklyn. My brother got it, me not. So I prefer to enjoy the flavor while I've seen the results in painting too.

Coffee, 1959 by Richard Diebenkorn.

That mid-century painting shows us a woman drinking coffee. Her expression means delightful. The abstract background with flat plans helps the viewer to focus on the image of the woman. 

 Pareja Guajira, 1940 by Antonio Gattorno

If you've ever met Cuban people, you know how much they enjoy their coffee time. 

Cuban Coffee Lime and Creamer, 2012 by Maria Soto Robbins

Another reference to Cuban coffee in a contemporary perspective with impressionist touch, that shows a traditional Cuban coffee with lime and Italian coffee maker.

Woman sitting at the cafe by Andy Lloyd

Coffee Catch, 2009 by Gloria Coker

Comentarios