The life as a metaphor

In September of last year I started working in a nice studio in Soho, New York. Every day, after finishing, I used to walk around. The area is one of my favorite in New York before arriving to Downtown. It has everything: shops, restaurants, art galleries...
I discovered in West Broadway a gallery and when I saw the artworks from the street, immediately I decided to enter. When I started watching carefully every painting, I realized that tells a tale. But not fairy tales for children, -they cannot understand- tales for adults.
It is the gallery of Vladimir Kush. That Russian artist has opened in USA five galleries, selling his artworks. That includes sculpture and painting. And for people that cannot buy one, he sells also calendars and art books.
For those who understand art, can find similarities with Salvador Dali, but the intention is different. While Salvador Dali searched the darkest part of our mind, the unconsciousness, Kush want to reflect the metaphor. He believes there is a connection between the metaphor and the life.
For that, he uses images as a symbols, so, we can call him Symbolist and avoid the term Surrealist.






Comentarios