The magical wood

Since I live in Los Angeles, California, I've decided to explore new artistic trends, and now I want to focus on American Women Artists. These new generation of young professional women based their art in how they live. They belong to new bohemians groups that take inspiration from nature and environment.

Aleksandra Zee is one of these new American artists. She lives in Oakland, California, and make art using geometric pieces of wood to create wall hangings, headboards and table tops. Zee is interested in the transcendence of the harsh, broken, or discarded materials into objects of soft whimsy. In much the same way, Zee wants the viewer to pause and lose themselves in the altered environment.


"The colors and textiles of the desert truly inspire my soul. I find myself gravitating to natural color hues and designs that I have brought back with me."






Comentarios