Ekaterina: the Russian symbolist

Pinterest is a good place to find inspiration and information. When I use it I can find things that I like to draw, food that I want to cook or artists for my blog.

For that post I've found a Russian photographer, amazing, she's from Moscow (one of my favorite cities in the world), and still young but with a great folio. She is Ekaterina Belinskaya, an engineer becomes photographer.


She said about her own style is dark, mysterious and romantic. I agree but I add, she is a symbolist inside romantic-gothic vision.





She treats Ophelia version as a Prerraphaelist, close to Master Millais in the poses and composition but with the holiness of Rossetti.



In these photos Salome is taken from Moreau's mind. We see the sensuality, the orientalism, the dark side of the Femme Fatale, and the most important: she looks a person from another world.

Comentarios